Michael W. Aceto joined Perez Morris Hyde in 2020. An experienced trial lawyer, he focuses his practice on the aviation, food & restaurant and environmental/toxic tort industries in the practice areas of business litigation, labor & employment, product liability, general liability and public entity law. He also counsels clients in complex matters regarding commercial and industrial accidents involving technical equipment, motor vehicles, construction machinery and household consumer products.
Michael represents businesses in mass tort litigation related to asbestos, benzene, talc, lime, mold and other hazards. He also advises clients on environmental issues in the areas of natural gas, hydraulic fracturing, water contamination and air pollution.
Michael has served on multiple National Coordinating Counsel teams for manufacturing and technical companies; handling a multitude of current and legacy liability claims. He writes and lectures on emerging aviation and environmental issues impacting various regulated industries. In addition to his robust litigation practice, Michael advises clients on risk management, compliance and coordinated litigation avoidance strategies.
Prior to entering private practice, Michael served as a law clerk in the Torts Litigation Section, Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General, and as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Edward Griffith, Chester County, Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas.
Michael lives in the Philadelphia area, enjoys cooking, golf and spending time with his family and Boston Terriers.
United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2012
United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2012
Memberships & Affiliations
- Recovery of Business Losses for Damage Caused by Civil Unrest, Association of Corporate Counsel, 2020
- Updates on Natural Gas Exploration in Pennsylvania: What’s Happening & Where Are We Going, Environmental Law Presentation Series, 2019
- Venue Remains Critical Question in Montreal Convention Litigation, Georgia Federal Court Opines On Forum Non Conveniens, Perez Morris Aviation Law Tracker, 2020
- EPA Releases Guidelines for PFAS in Groundwater, Environmental Law Monitor, 2020
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Restores “Rule of Capture” to Hydraulic Fracturing, But Trespass Claims Could Continue, Environmental Law Monitor, 2020
- PA Ruling Leaves Room for Oil & Gas Challenges: Appellate Analysis & Legislative Meaning, Law 360, 2019
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals Delivers Knockout Punch to PennEast Natural Gas Pipeline, Eminent Domain Squashed, Environmental Law Monitor, 2019
- Another Study Finds Popular Cereals and Snack Products Contain Traces of Glyphosate, Environmental Law Monitor, 2019
- New Jersey’s First Liquified Natural Gas Terminal Seeks Approval Amidst Claims of Environmental Threats, Environmental Law Monitor, 2019
- Hydraulic Fracturing Update: PA Appellate Court Permits Enforcement of $1 Million Penalty Upon Fracking Operator, Environmental Law Monitor, 2018
- Landmark Ruling: Trespass Claims Against Fracking Companies Proceed as Pennsylvania Recognizes Property Rights to Natural Gas, Environmental Law Monitor, 2018
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Sides with Gas Industry, But Allows For Potential Enforcement of Two New Rules, Environmental Law Monitor, 2018
- Power Struggle: A State’s Constitution Being Used to Oppose Hydraulic Fracturing, Environmental Law Monitor, 2018
- New York City Sues Big Oil Over Effects of Climate Change, Environmental Law Monitor, 2018
- New York Federal Court Rejects Landowner’s Claimed Right to Drill, But Will Challenges Continue?, Environmental Law Monitor, 2018
- A Public Hearing Before the Death Knell Tolls on U.S. EPA’s Clean Power Plan, Environmental Law Monitor, 2017
- Contaminated Water Supply Continues to Plague Puerto Rico, Environmental Law Monitor, 2017
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Delaware Law School
- Order of the Barristers, Member
- Moot Court Honor Society
- Graduated with pro bono distinction
- New York University
- Merit Scholarship for Distinguished Academics
- Elon University
- President’s List and Dean’s List distinctions
- Sigma Tau Delta Honors Membership