Kevin L. Murch joined Perez Morris in 2016. With more than 20 years’ experience, Kevin focuses his practice on product liability litigation, commercial litigation, employment and civil rights litigation, restrictive covenants, trade secrets, and business torts.
In addition, he spent a considerable part of his career in private practice serving as the lead attorney in matters before both state and federal courts and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), formerly National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD).
Kevin also has extensive experience representing manufacturers, distributors and suppliers in product liability cases involving pharmaceuticals, heavy machinery, chemicals, industrial equipment, agricultural equipment and HVAC systems. He advises companies on risk management and litigation avoidance.
He resides in New Albany, Ohio, with his wife and two children.
United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2004
United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1997
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 1997
United States District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2014
Memberships & Affiliations
- Handling Foreign Objects Complaints and Rapid Response Planning, Claims Litigation Management, 2019
- Crisis Management for Customer-Focused Businesses and the Lawyer’s Role, NAMWOLF Annual Conference, 2019
- Cottage Industry Litigation that Can Cost Your Business, Association of Corporate Counsel (Central Ohio chapter), 2019
- Food Safety and Claims Overview, National Retail & Restaurant Defense Association (NNRDA), 2018
- Primer for Successful Litigation Management, Association of Corporate Counsel, (Southwest Ohio chapter), 2018
- Data Privacy and Social Media, The Knowledge Congress, 2012
- Non-Compete Agreements and Enforcement, Association of Corporate Counsel, Central Ohio chapter, 2008
- High Court Flexed Its Muscle Over Legislature, National Law Journal, 2000
- Court to Rule on the Future of Preemption in Response to Changes Being Effected Regulations Arguments, NAMWOLF Newsletter, 2019
- Cybercourt: Copyright and Trademark Law on the Information Superhighway (24 Cap. U. L. Rev. 809), Capital University Law Review, 1996
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Super Lawyers Magazine, Ohio Super Lawyer, 2015 – 2022
- The Best Lawyers® in America, Commercial Litigation, 2021 – present
- Columbus CEO Magazine, Top Lawyers, 2010 – 2021
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ AV Preeminent®, 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated
- AVVO Rating: 10 out of 10
- Capital University Law School Review, Publishing Editor
- Capital University Law School, Order of the Curia, Member
BOARD POSITIONS & COMMUNITY SERVICE
- New Albany Hockey Club, co-founder and board member, 2013 – present
- The Jazz Arts Group of Columbus, board member, 2014 – present